Find out what makes this place so special and what amazing creatures inhabit this area. We explore lookouts, boardwalks and fly high through the Rainforest canopy with Jungle Surfing.
A 7am start means we get to experience the Daintree Rainforest as it should be experienced, with almost no one else about. Crossing the Daintree Ferry we enter the Cape Tribulation section of the World Heritage listed Wet Tropics and deep into the heart of the Daintree Rainforest. First stop is the view over the Coral Sea from the fabulous Alexandra Range Lookout.
Sightings of Cassowary, Forest Dragons and even Buff Breasted Paradise Kingfishers is highly possible during the tour as we explore various rainforest boardwalks and beaches including Cape Tribulation, where in 1770 Captain Cook began having his ‘trials and tribulations’.
Then, its time to begin a unique Jungle Surfing experience through the canopy of this remnant rainforest, zipping along above the forest floor. Stand heart-to-heart with the world’s oldest rainforest on a fully-guided zip-lining tour between six tree canopy platforms. Jungle Surfing turns you into Tarzan (or Jane).
Lunch is at Linc Haven restaurant with a great selection of meals and drinks. For desert we head to Daintree Bio-Dynamic Ice-cream for a refreshing fruit ice-cream.
Back to the Daintree River now for a wildlife spotting cruise spotting Crocs, Snakes and Eagles while learning more about about this amazing part of Australia.
Finally, if conditions allow, we will enjoy a stop to the upper Mossman river for a cooling dip in the healing waters. Our magical location here is well away from croc habitat so relax and enjoy a dip in the best water in the world.
A short trip back to Port Douglas and you are returned to your accommodation ready to await your next adventure.
**PLEASE NOTE** 120kg max weight restrictions apply for Jungle Surfing and is only available for 3yrs up. Closed in shoes that will stay on your feet are also required.
- Daintree River ferry
- Cape Tribulation beach
- Beautiful Rainforest boardwalks, such as Jindalba or Marraja. (time dependent on day)
- Jungle Surfing through the canopy of this ancient rainforest area
- Delicious lunch at a local cafe / restaurant
- Sweet Bio-organic ice cream
- Alexandra Range lookout to admire the view out over the Coral Sea
- Wildlife spotting boat cruise on the Daintree
- Optional refreshing river swim (if time and weather permits)
- Small groups
- On board library ~ Ultra comfortable vehicles (4×4 in the wet)
- BPA free water bottles for the day (recyclable, non-disposable)
- Yummy Snacks
- Knowledgeable and friendly Rainforest guide
- All park fees, insurances and EMC
…by far a very cool day.